What is the Mandatory Schedule of Events for the 2022 Junior Masters?
Thursday, May 26, 2022:
4:30pm - 5:00pm: Mandatory Junior Athlete Check-in/Registration
5:00pm – 5:30pm: Mandatory Junior Athlete Meeting
*both events located at the Callaway Gardens Lodge and Spa hotel, Loblolly Ballroom; failure to register or attend the meeting will result in immediate disqualification
Friday, May 27, 2022:
8:00am – 6:00pm: Junior Masters Semi-final and Final Rounds
Sunday, May 29, 2022:
9:30am - 9:45am Junior Masters Champions Check-in & Parade of Champions Opening Ceremony; champions of the 2022 Junior Masters may participate in the boat parade, but must rsvp with Chief Judge Felipe Leal; participation is not mandatory
*located at the boat ramp start dock on Robin Lake south beach
6:30 – 8 pm Awards Ceremony Banquet
*Join us in celebrating the 2022 Masters Champions at the Longleaf Ballroom in the Lodge and Spa hotel. This is a ticketed event. All tickets must be pre-purchased before May 16, 2022.
As part of my registration fee, what tickets will I receive for the 2022 Junior Masters?
- Competitor Band (1) and Coach Band (1): Allows gate clearance and access to the athlete staging areas, start docks and pavilion. There is pavilion seating again for 2022.
- Pavilion Pass: One 3-day pavilion pass allows seating and gate clearance for an additional member of your family. Purchase additional pavilion passes here: www.masterswaterski.com/tickets
- Lunch: One per competitor per day of competition.
- West Beach Parking Pass (1): Allows access to the West Beach Parking Area.
-Banquet Ticket: 1 per competitor; New for 2022, banquet tickets will NOT be sold on site. Tickets may only be pre-purchased here: www.masterswaterski.com/tickets THE LAST DAY to purchase tickets is Monday, May 16, 2022. Banquet tickets will NOT be mailed directly to you. You will pick-up your banquet tickets at the banquet check-in, just outside the Longleaf Ballroom. Check-in begins at 6 pm, and dinner will start promptly at 6:30 pm.
What is the O’brien Junior Water Ski Head-To-Head Scholarship?
Obrien exclusively offers the top two junior boys and junior girls slalom skiers the opportunity to compete again in a head-to-head competition. The Junior Girls will compete on Saturday, May 28 and the Junior Boys on Sunday, May 29. Each winner will be awarded $1,000 scholarship from Obrien Watersports. Please note: This head-to-head competition does not affect the official results from Friday's final Jr. Masters slalom rounds.
For the slalom event, what ropes will be used?
The skier will be allowed to choose which slalom rope he/she prefers. For each slalom event discipline, there will be one Mastersline Optimized rope and one Masterline Proline to choose from.
Where can I find the rules for my particular events?
The rules for Junior Masters waterski and Junior Masters wakeboard events are posted on our website at www.masterswaterski.com. All athletes will be expected to follow the executed Code of Conduct signed in the registration packet. Here is an overview of the rules:
JUNIOR WATERSKI TOURNAMENT CLASSIFICATION:
Record capable. Closed event by invitation only.
FORMAT AND RULES:
Divisions: Junior Boys and Girls.
Individual Events: Slalom/Trick/Jump. Skiers can only compete in the individual events that they qualified for per the Masters Qualifying Series criteria posted on masterswaterski.com/news.
Multi-Round Tournament: Elimination style tournament. There will be two rounds of competition; one semifinal round on Friday, May 27th and one final round (immediately following the semifinals) also on Friday, May 27th. Skiers wishing to waive additional starting passes may do so by advising the boat judge.
Semifinal Round: The semifinal round running order will be seeded based on the Masters Qualifying Series ranking list. The top seed position will be awarded to the defending 2021 Junior Masters champion if applicable. Only the top three (3) skiers will advance to the final round.
Final Round: The final round running order will be the top three (3) skiers from the semifinal round in reverse order of their placement.
Minimum Speeds and Line Lengths: Mens Slalom - 55 kph/18.25m, Womens Slalom - 52 kph/18.25m
Jump Ramp Heights: Junior Men’s Jump - 5' or 5.5’, Junior Womens Jump - 5'. Junior Men’s jumpers opting to compete at 5’ will ski first and not in seeded order.
Ties: A tie in the semifinal round for third place in any event will have a run-off. Only ties for first place in the final round in any event will have a run-off. Ties for second and third place in the finals will be broken by preliminary round scores. In the event that a tie also exists in preliminary round scores, a run-off will take place.
Overall Scoring: The best performance of overall contenders in each event will get 1,000 pts. Others placing in each event will receive proportionate overall points. Performance of a single event skier or those entering two events will not be scored for overall. If an overall invited skier is one of the top three in any event in the elimination round, they will ski that event for placement and awards. An overall score can be improved from the preliminary round but cannot be lowered if the performance in the final round is lower than the semifinal round.
Parade of Champions: Champions of the Junior Masters are invited to participate in the parade, but participation is not mandatory. Please notify the Chief Judge if you plan to participate or not. Failure to notify the Chief Judge may exclude you from participation. Check-in is at 9:30am Sunday, May 29 at the competition site.
JUNIOR WAKEBOARD TOURNAMENT CLASSIFICATION:
Record capable. Closed event by invitation only.
FORMAT AND RULES:
• Rider must be 18 years of age or younger as of December 31st, 2021 to be eligible to compete in the 2022 Junior Masters.
• Semifinal Round Seeding: The semifinal round running order will be seeded based first on the 2022 Nautique Wake Series Ranking List, second on the 2021 Nautique Wake Series and third on random selection.
• The top three (3) riders will advance to the final round.
• Final Round Seeding: The final round running order will be based off of your finish in the semifinal round.
• Scoring: There will be three judges, including the chief judge. Riders will be judged on overall impression.
• Parade of Champions: Champions of the Junior Masters are invited to participate in this parade, but participation is not mandatory. Please notify the Chief Judge if you plan to participate or not. Failure to notify the Chief Judge may exclude you from participation. Check-in is at 9:30am, Sunday, May 29 at the competition site.